Bringing back this necrothread, what you are suggesting is something I would find intuitive. Sounds like a good idea to me. On Thu, Apr 16, 2020, 22:12 zimoun wrote: > Dear, > > Giving a look to the Arun's patches [1] about improving "guix search", > I am testing some queries. Well, I am not able to find what I want in > the jungle of all the packages, independently of the implementation of > "guix search". > > > For example, what is the package which provides standard libraries and > tools for Haskell? for OCaml? > > > Does the package named "ghc-toolchain" or "haskell-toolchain" seem a good > idea? > Debian provides the package named "haskell-platform" which gives a > nice batteries included Haskell experience. > > Note that Guix already provides "gcc-toolchain" or "clang-toolchain" > or "gfortran-toolchain". Therefore, it seems consistent to provide > something similar for Haskell and OCaml, say. Maybe more. > > Last, from the "guix search haskell" it is hard to know which packages > to install and then to have an easy Haskell experience. The package > "ghc" is the sixth on the list. > > > What do you think? > > All the best, > simon > > [1] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/39258#68 > >