If that is an appropriate use, I'll go with that. Prepare for a few hundred reports. On Thu, May 14, 2020, 04:19 Christopher Baines wrote: > > Josh Marshall writes: > > > I'm trying to package watchman and have been poking at it for some weeks. > > Things are getting a little large and more dependent packages are needed. > > And this is still a spin off from me trying to update django which will > > cause another huge backlog of package updates and additions. I'd like > some > > more official way to track what code needs packaging and in what order. > Is > > there something for this? > > I sympathise, both with the rabbit hole you're going down, but also the > issue around tracking all the work and interdependencies. > > My personal advice would be to file some bugs on debbugs.gnu.org against > the guix-patches package, which is the approach for tracking patch > submissions. Even if you don't have a patch to send yet, but are working > on one, it still might be useful to have a bug open, as that indicates > to others that there might be a patch available soon. > > You can mark bugs as "More information needed", which I've been using at > least to categorise bugs that lack a patch, or where the patch won't be > ready to merge for a little while. You can also mark one bug as blocking > another. > > I'm also personally interested in getting Django 2 and 3 in to Guix, so > let me know how that's going :) > > Thanks, > > Chris >