OK, thanks everyone. I've got my next steps. Sorry if this subject has been repetitive. On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 2:55 PM Leo Famulari wrote: > On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 02:12:16PM -0500, Josh Marshall wrote: > > So a separate channel would work for non-free software? I know the stuff > > is fundamentally gross. I'd still like to have a better way to get out > of > > an ecosystem that is basically entirely all non-free software and a > > transition to fully free becomes possible. > > Yes, channels can work for any kind of software, and they let us keep > Guix as "100% free software". There will be occasional hiccups as the > module imports from GNU Guix into the channel are changed, but it > shouldn't be too often. >