So a separate channel would work for non-free software? I know the stuff is fundamentally gross. I'd still like to have a better way to get out of an ecosystem that is basically entirely all non-free software and a transition to fully free becomes possible. On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 1:56 PM Leo Famulari wrote: > On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 01:09:06PM -0500, Josh Marshall wrote: > > One thing I know that I have run into, and have heard so many times over > > from those on Windows is how unstable or much of a hassle it can be to > get > > games to work. In the last few weeks, I spent ~20 hours just to this > > hassle myself. Having everything included as a guix package would go a > > very long way to resolving these instabilities, kicking most of the > > problems down to just the kernel and kernel modules which is far more > > constrained. This should make it easier to make not Windows more > > palatable, but AGPL+DRM isn't exactly the most cozy of relationships. > > Given this, would having these games as packages be permissible? Perfect > > being the enemy of the good and all that. > > In general, we follow the Free System Distribution Guidelines (FSDG) in > deciding what is acceptable to include in GNU Guix: > > https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.en.html > > All software must be freely licensed, and support for DRM is not > permitted. > > However, if you have code that is working for you, or you think that > Guix can improve the situation overall, Guix channels are a > well-supported way to use Guix while remaining separate from it. >