Hello, Guix. I solved my problem. Please use this new patch, which will be attached to this message. I must apologize for my carelessness. I unnecessary added dependency cycle between elogind and polkit. At the time I added polkit, as input dependency of elogind, I was looking at service extension graph and mistook it for dependency graph I had opened at that same time, that was foolish of me. :( My system compiled fine with newer version of elogind, because the polkit my system used deepened on older version of elogind. But that meant that I had trouble when I tried to replace old elogind in guix repository with the newer elogind version. Problem is now solved. I spent so much time looking for the cause of this problem. :( But it was fun. And I gained useful experience. :) I now know how guix behaves when I try to evaluate derivation that has dependency cycle, it hangs not printing anything and keeps increasing RAM memory usage. :) Thank you, for your patience. I will wait for the official release of elogind version 239.2 before sending the modified version of this patch to guix-patches. The 239.2 version of elogind should be released in a few days, but that is only my prediction. Stefan.