Hello, On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 10:54 AM Mathieu Othacehe wrote: > It seems that Caliph Nomble succeeded to build a Pinebook Pro image and > booted it, without graphics, after a few fixes: > https://issues.guix.gnu.org/45584. > > You may want to try again :). DONE, it's a bit better, this time initrd, kernel & dtb loaded properly. But serial output stopped after "Starting kernel ..." which is probably because of mismatched serial port speed, but I tried to relaunch screen with 57600, 115200 and still go no output. [complete uboot log attached] LCD screen stays black which is probably normal. The image was built like the following: # ./pre-inst-env guix describe Git checkout: repository: /home/vince/dev/repo/guix branch: master commit: c03875b0361f114634caeb54935fe37a9b7b05af # echo "(use-modules (gnu system images pinebook-pro)) pinebook-pro-barebones-os" > /tmp/os.scm # ./pre-inst-env guix system disk-image -t pinebook-pro-raw /tmp/os.scm [...] /gnu/store/5fj3aha8jsyji9mpqzf2krakl08r9zlw-disk-image Next I'll try the hints from: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/45584 > >> There is almost no armhf hardware that is suitable > >> for a build-from-source distro in terms of performance, thermal design > >> and suitable storage (SD cards will not last for unless you pay a huge > >> amount for the absolute highest quality). Binary distros like Trisquel > >> are a much better option for armhf. > > > > The cross buildability *should* be kind of a solution for this. > > Yes we could always decide to stop supporting native ARMv7 substitutes > and only focus on the cross-building to provide ready to use image for > this architecture. Isn't there a way to reconcile the 2 ? At least theoretically cross- or native- compilation should give identical output, though I dunno how far that is from reality (probably not good, or we would be doing just that) > >> All that is not a reason to not support armhf, but if nobody is using > >> it, then we should officially deprecate it, and not leave it in this > >> in-between state. > > > > I'm not using it because I can't make it work. > > Don't hesitate to report the issues you encountered! I've done it a few times already, for armhf, arm64, powerpc64, mipsel. And I'll (re-)try anything if I'm hinted as what to try next. The main problem from my PoV is the scatteredness of the infos. Tchuss -- Vincent Legoll