Hello, On Mon, Jul 8, 2024 at 3:47 PM Vagrant Cascadian wrote: > This may be a little wild, but what are the downsides to doing some > combination of all of the above? > > A mixed strategy could reduce ... the upfront cost of buying and hosting > hardware (#1), the ongoing costs of renting (#2), and dependence on the > generosity of a third party for sponsored hardware & hosting (#3). > > It seems like any strategy should have some redundancy (e.g. multiple > independent build farms) so that a failure in one datacenter does not > effectively take down the whole network... > That would be my opinion too. But for the cloud renting I would first research if there are associated network or other costs, because the computing is cheap only to lure you into the (sometimes prohibitive) hidden costs. > ... though they are not full replacements for each other. > Maybe that should be treated as a bug/issue. -- Vincent Legoll