2018-06-10 13:26 GMT+02:00 Thorsten Wilms : > On 10.06.2018 11:54, Pierre Neidhardt wrote: > >> Then intention of the Arch post-install script is good (that is, >> informing the user) but I find the implementation brittle: if the >> messages are too many or too long, it can be very easy to miss a >> message. >> >> Furthermore, the script cannot be triggered out-of-install, which means >> that once the shell session is gone, the information is gone. (It's >> still in the log but it's not so convenient to read and you must know >> what you are looking for in advance.) >> > > > What if each package with such a message would install it as a text-file > in a specific directory? With a separate mechanism to bring each new > message file to the user's attention, plus a means of stepping through all > of them. > > > I think it might be nice to have something like --show-post-install-doc in guix package, if we decide to implement this.++ > -- > Thorsten Wilms > > thorwil's design for free software: > http://thorwil.wordpress.com/ > >