2018-05-29 18:07 GMT+02:00 Ludovic Courtès : > Hello Tatiana & all, > > Ricardo Wurmus skribis: > > >> I am a bit confused about the database structure. As far as I > understand, > >> there are project_name (project) and branch_name (jobset) properties, > but > >> project_name is a primary key, so a project can't have several branches? > > > > I share your confusion. Maybe Ludovic or Mathieu can shed some more > > light on this. > > It’s confusing indeed, I think it’s a mistake that has yet to be fixed. > Basically what we do now is that we use a different ‘repo_name’ when we > just want to add a branch… > > We should fix it at some point. Suggestions welcome! > > I believe the confusion arises from the fact, that there is a naming inconsistency. If we could come up with good names to the things involved, then that might suggest a clean solution. It seems that the problem is caused by a project and a repository is somehow intermixed. That might suggest a solution to keep project-name as is, as primary key, and add a separate repository field... or not. Does that make sense? > I would encourage you to write commits in a way to minimize friction > when we are to merge them—that is, following the conventions that > Ricardo outlined. That way Mathieu, Ricardo, or myself can take a look > and quickly cherry-pick to master. > > Anyway, kudos on what you’ve already achieved! Getting started on an > existing code base is never easy, so I think you’ve done a good job. > > Thank you, > Ludo’. > >