This looks interesting. Ricardo Wurmus ezt írta (időpont: 2020. febr. 19., Sze 16:37): > Hi Guix, > > I think it’s a bit difficult to install the Guix Workflow Language at > this point and I’d like to change that. > > Currently, new sub-commands for Guix are looked up by module name on the > Guile load path. When installing the “gwl” package, though, the Guile > load path is not automatically altered, so users need to set it up by > themselves. The load path is only altered automatically when users > install the “guile” package. This is not a good recommendation because > users may have Guile 2.2 in their profile, and not Guile 3.0 or whatever > version may be needed by the extension. > > I wonder if we can make this a little nicer by letting Guix look for > sub-command scripts in directories that are listed in an environment > variable, such as GUIX_EXTENSIONS_PATH. The “guix” package would set > this search path and packages wanting to provide a sub-command (such as > “guix workflow” or “guix home”) would arrange to have their scripts > placed in that sub-directory of their outputs. > I have encountered this with guix home, and one of my first setups was to adjust the path. > What do you think? > I believe this is a good idea. I also think there is an open bug already for the home thing. > -- > Ricardo > Best regards, g_bor > >