Hello, Tanguy Le Carrour ezt írta (időpont: 2019. okt. 21., Hét 11:24): > Hi Marius, > > > Le 10/18, Marius Bakke a écrit : > > Tanguy Le Carrour writes: > > > In Guix, we have Pytest 4.4.2, but the latest release is 5.2.1. > > > In that case, would it make sense to define a new "versionned" public > > > variable for python-pytest? Would I create python-pytest5? Or would I > > > rename python-pytest to python-pytest4 and add python-pytest for Pytest > > > 5? In this later case, would I have to "fix" all the packages that were > > > using python-pytest?! > > > > Pytest has 4457 dependent packages and can thus only be changed on the > > 'core-updates' branch. So the recommended way is indeed to define a new > > public 'python-pytest-5' variable, and add that as an input for the > > packages that require 5.x. > > OK… sounds like something I can do! > > > > On the next 'core-updates' cycle, Pytest 5 will then become the default, > > and we will have to fix all packages that does not work with that > > version :-) > > I guess those broken packages will show up as "red" in Cuirass!? > Would they have to be fixed, or just told to use python-pytest-4? > > Is there a way to build those packages on my machine? What a > script to find and build all the packages dependent on pytest would look > like? > I mean, using LISP/Scheme/Guile, as I think I could come up with a > "manual" solution with `guix graph --type=reverse-package`. > guix refresh -l should give you the minimum number of packages that ensures every dependent is rebuilt. > > > Regards, > > -- > Tanguy > >