Hello, Ludovic Courtès ezt írta (időpont: 2020. ápr. 6., Hét 10:02): > Hi Joshua, > > Joshua Branson skribis: > > > This is slightly unrelated, but your email reminded me. > > > > How about we add a %desktop-packages variable? I remember reading a bug > > report about possibly ungoogled-chromium or some package not working > > properly, because the user did not install a font. Perhaps if people > > are using a %desktop, there should be some %desktop-packages that most > > users will want installed by default. Packages would include a web > > browser, one system font, etc. > > I think we should address the font issue. A ‘%desktop-packages’ is > bound to never be satisfactory for anyone because it’s so subjective. > Yes, this will not be statisfactory. However I believe that doing something like this would be great: define icecat-recommended define browser-recommended icecat-recommended define desktop-recommended (append desktop-recommended base-packages) with deduplication. I believe this approach has two merits: We can provide an easy setup for those interested, and inspectable for those who would like a working system, but want to configure certain aspects And we can state the officially recommended software for a given task, so that it is possible to focus efforts on these. > > Thanks, > Ludo’. > Best regards, g_bor > >