Hello, Ludovic Courtès ezt írta (időpont: 2020. márc. 8., Vas 23:10): > Hi Chris! > > Christopher Lemmer Webber skribis: > > > Let me also put out a goal for the Guix community: I think we'll see > > Guix Deploy as a success if a bunch of us can switch over to using it on > > our own servers (that includes me). To that end, I'd love to know, how > > many people are doing so, or have attempted to do so? What features > > would you like/need? > > We’re using it for the build farm, and I’m also using it for a couple of > single servers. It’s great! :-) > > What I miss the most, especially on the build farm, is the ability to > tell ‘guix deploy’ which services to restart upon completion. > Currently, like ‘guix system reconfigure’, it conservatively doesn’t > restart any running services. However, often, you’d like it to run > “herd restart X” upon completion. > > Another thing discussed at the Guix Days, but more relevant to more > advanced use cases, is the ability to define “roles”: often you’d rather > want to think in terms of the services machines offer and abstract over > the actual machines. > These are both great ideas. It would be also nice to access these in a single machine setup. I don't know where to implement this, it might make sense to add these to the common part of deploy and reconfigure. IIRC we also discussed the idea of a local deployer to be able handle the deploy node the same way as the rest. Regarding the roles thing it would be nice to get a discussion going regarding the interface, so that we have an idea how it should look like. Wdyt? > > Ludo’. > Best regards, g_bor > >