Hello Chris, Christopher Lemmer Webber ezt írta (időpont: 2020. febr. 29., Szo 17:55): > Hello, > > I'd be interested in doing a round 2 of mentoring for Guix Deploy. > The previous student (Jakob L. Kreuze) will not be a GSoC student this > year but is willing to co-mentor. (Maybe David Thompson is as well but > I won't speak for him since we haven't discussed it yet.) > Wonderful idea, please add it to the GSoC 2020 ideas page if you haven't done so. > I don't know what the situation with Outreachy slots are, but I'd also > be happy to mentor this for there as well, obviously. > The proposal deadline for this round has passed, so we can't do that right now. If we still have work to do in this area ( I believe we will) when the next round comes around, I will be happy to help in forming the proposal. I will soon publish a blog post with the relevant deadlines for both program. > I think there's probably more that can be done to improve environments. > This includes initial bootstrapping of environments, making more > environments available, etc. > > Let me also put out a goal for the Guix community: I think we'll see > Guix Deploy as a success if a bunch of us can switch over to using it on > our own servers (that includes me). To that end, I'd love to know, how > many people are doing so, or have attempted to do so? What features > would you like/need? > I believe this is a great initiative. Thanks for bringing this up. > > - Chris > Best regards, g_bor > >