Ricardo Wurmus ezt írta (időpont: 2018. jún. 18., H, 22:48): > Hi Guix, > > A while ago I proposed this: > > > I’d like us to produce a series of short videos (< 4 mins each) that > > introduce functional package management with Guix. > > > > This is supposed to be aimed at people who are intimidated by the manual > > and wouldn’t know where to begin reading. Each of the videos should > > focus on a single feature and be on the point. The final seconds should > > point the viewer to the manual to learn more. > > > > Who would like to be involved in the planning and production of the > > videos? There are many tasks such as: > > > > * collecting topics that should be covered > > * writing canonical narration scripts for each episode > […] > > I guess it makes sense to start at the beginning :) > > What are good first topics that we could introduced in self-contained > videos? The goal is to show a useful feature (one or two closely > related features per video) without making things confusing. > > Ludo recommended to take a look at the slides that people have been > using to present Guix to various audiences: > > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/talks > > We don’t have to use them as they are, but they could provide some > inspiration to find ways to explain the essence of functional package > management. We don’t need to start with this abstract topic. Maybe > it’s better to show features first. > > I tend to agree. Features first look like a good idea. Also, we should emphasize the benefits of doing things the guix way :) People might be more interested if they can see how their current situation is made better by a tool. > What are your thoughts on this? > > -- > Ricardo > > >