Hey Marek, Yep, this is a patch for the repository. I haven't figured out how to programmatically patch it yet either; the original idea was to use time-machine, but it was causing some errors that I wasn't able to debug. Perhaps it's time I give it another shot. As for -Os, check out the GCC optimization flags example in this post: https://blog.lispy.tech/parameterized-packages-the-second-update.html You'll have to then specify this parameter for the packages you want to install, like so: guix install hello --with-parameter=gcc-oflag=-Os Back when I was working on it, there were talks about setting up global transforms for Guix, which is how this patch was supposed to be used globally. I am not sure if this feature has been added to Guix yet, but once it is you can then add this transform globally. I have added features that will check if the build system and any other user defined condition matches before applying parameterization. Otherwise, you'll have to add this transform to the packages you need -Os with, which is not very difficult, just a bit cumbersome... Regards, Sarthak. On Wed, Aug 21, 2024, 13:05 Marek Paśnikowski wrote: > Sarthak Shah writes: > > > Another thing that needs a bit of fixing is that this doesn't work on > > fresh Guix repositories, you need to have built Guix once from a > > repository before applying the patch. > > Hold on. Is this a patch to the guix /repository/, not /package/? That > would explain the patch failure. Now I need to go and learn how to > programmaticaly patch a channel. > > Any pointers on how to globally set the "-Os" CFLAG? > >