Hey Suhail, I think starting a debbugs issue could be a good idea once everyone's onboard with getting this patch merged! Right now, from what I gather, there are some more important conversations to be had, mainly with the Guix maintainers, as merging this patch could lead to a sharp, unexpected increase in complexity if we do not have proper guidelines and procedures in place for parameterization. I would love to hear more thoughts on this, as I'm not very aware about how to proceed either. Regards, Sarthak. On Tue, Aug 20, 2024, 18:43 Suhail Singh wrote: > Sarthak Shah writes: > > > > https://blog.lispy.tech/parameterized-packages-the-project-completion-update.html > > > > Unfortunately, it hasn't been merged into the main branch yet, however > > you should be able to make everything use -Os with the patch. > > The blog doesn't mention a related debbugs issue. If the goal is still > to eventually merge the changes after, possibly, some changes, it might > help if there were an issue where discussion could be consolidated. > WDYT? > > -- > Suhail >