Hi, I'm really sorry about the effort you had to put into this patch. I'll try not to do it again. I had to append “.zip” because Pypi didn’t have a “.tar.gz” file for the > sources, so the uri > field now is: > > (pypi-uri "logwrap" version ".zip") > Did you do this because only .zip is available here ( https://pypi.python.org/pypi/logwrap#downloads)? > > I also noticed that the sources include files that were generated with > Cython. Instead of reusing those, we build them from source. Luckily > all we have to do in this case is to add “python-cython” to the > native-inputs field. > Can I know how you knew this? > Finally, the tests. At first the tests wouldn’t run. So I looked up the > error message online and found that I need to use “python-pytest-runner” > in addition to “python-pytest”. This allows the tests to run up to a > point until it wants to do coverage tests. For those I needed to add > “python-pytest-cov”. > > I changed the description, because I think it wasn’t quite correct. > Again, I'm sorry. Have you been able to build Guix already and try building the package using “./pre-inst-env guix build”? No, I tried last night but I faced some issues, I'll try again tonight. Thanks, Vijayalakshmi