Hi Ricardo, On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 9:31 PM Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > > Alex Vong writes: > > > Looking at the license text: > > > > Copyright ©2015. The Regents of the University of California (Regents). > All > > Rights Reserved. Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this > software > > and its documentation for educational and research not-for-profit > purposes, > > without fee and without a signed licensing agreement, is hereby granted, > > provided that the above copyright notice, this paragraph and the > following two > > paragraphs appear in all copies, modifications, and distributions. > Contact The > > Office of Technology Licensing, UC Berkeley, 2150 Shattuck Avenue, Suite > 510, > > Berkeley, CA 94720-1620, (510) 643-7201, for commercial licensing > > opportunities. > > > > > > It seems the license is {fsf, dfsg} non-free because it does not allow > > commercial usage. More precisely, it violates freedom 0 (the freedom to > > run the program as you wish, for any purpose). > > Correct. Kallisto is non-free software. > > > Does anybody know of any fork or should we use an old version? > > I don’t know of any version that is free software. > Looking around, I saw that you are using Kallisto at BIMSB and you have other software I need (latest rsem); Other software I want to work/port to guix are https://github.com/tderrien/FEELnc, https://github.com/Teichlab/tracer ( and Trinity). Does it make sense to contribute to https://github.com/BIMSBbioinfo/ or do you suggest to go with a personal/independent repo ? -- Ra > -- > Ricardo > > GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6 2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC > https://elephly.net > >