On 6 Apr 2015 21:00, "Ludovic Courtès" wrote: > > Federico Beffa skribis: > > > On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Mark H Weaver wrote: > >> Is the package database cache used by anything other than GHC? If the > >> user doesn't have GHC installed, what would consult the GHC package > >> database cache? > > > > Maybe a GHC not in Guix? Not, sure if it would work. > > Or it could be that GHC and the libs are installed in different profiles > (though I admit it may not be that convenient.) > > Either way is fine with me, so please push whatever seems most > appropriate to you. > > Thanks! > > Ludo’. > Hello all, I just stumbled upon https :// github.com / acowley /cabbage which builds nix packages from cabal files. Maybe their approach can help you decide how to deal with the cache? Alex