Hello, I think I can help! Missed the deadline for GSoC application because of school stuff but that shouldn't stop me from contributing to Guix. This sounds like a task on a level I can accomplish (though I might still need some guidance/pointers of where to start). Sincerely, Daniel Jiang On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 3:48 PM Leo Famulari wrote: > On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 04:56:51PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > > I had criticism about the VM image: > [...] > > Thoughts? > > Originally I added the VM image to address a specific use case at one VM > hoster. I had hoped it would catch on more than it did and that the VM > image would be improved to avoid these manual steps. > > In the meantime, people are using the VM image just to try out Guix — > for example, in a local QEMU instance. > > It doesn't give a great impression, so let's change it. > > We should offer something like a "Live Guix" image for people to try the > full Guix system without installing anything, and this should be more > fully-featured than the current Guix VM image. > > Let's replace the current VM image with this "Live Guix" thing for the > next release :) Should we adopt 'desktop.tmpl' for this? > > Eventually we should also offer a Guix system service that works like > cloud-init [0] and can replace the manual work around networking, > partitioning, etc. Help wanted! > > [0] > https://cloud-init.io/ >