On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 11:12 AM Efraim Flashner wrote: > On Thu, Mar 07, 2024 at 11:48:53AM -0500, Jason Conroy wrote: > > On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 3:08 AM Efraim Flashner > > wrote: > > > > > Until then > > > I've been experimenting by manually listing the other crates I've > needed > > > but in theory we could try to make `guix shell --development` pull in > > > the needed crates. > > > > > > > I was considering another option that falls somewhere in between: since > I'm > > already building shells from manifest files, it should suffice to have a > > Scheme utility function that calculates the transitive dependencies for a > > given list of library packages. Similar logic seems to exist already in > > `(guix build-system cargo)` but it's not exposed publicly. As interim > > solutions go, what do you think about this one versus modifying `guix > > shell`? > > Once you have something like that working it shouldn't be too hard to > merge that into `guix shell`, assuming we go that route. > Sounds good, I'll follow up if my exercise produces anything useful. Thanks for the input!