Many people want to move all their development work on guix example android sdk app development, yes scala, gradle, kotlin, groovy etc (even blockstack, ethereum) required to be packaged As many of you, and Julien trying this. So more than contributing code, please provide a blog post from which, who all want to help can also get guidance. Thanks syam On Wed, 19 May 2021 at 21:06, Katherine Cox-Buday wrote: > Ludovic Courtès writes: > > >> I think the best way to bootstrap would be to reimplement Scala in > > another language. I tried that too, but even the parser is crazy. > > Yes, the syntax is complex. Maybe even worse than C++ in terms of > parsing. I abandoned scala awhile ago, but I saw that with its latest > release, maybe some things got simplified. Maybe it's worth another > look? > > > Could you share a link to that so everyone realizes just how far you > > went? :-) > > Before I outright abandoned the language, I was looking into > bootstrapping this too. I did not go nearly as far, but was strongly > dissuaded by core scala contributers from even trying (to be fair, they > probably don't hold bootstrapping in high regard as we do). > > The only thought I have to contribute is: would it be possible to > bootstrap off of a binary seed, and then do what's possible to grow that > down to prior versions as much as possible? It's a compromise, but it at > least gets Guix into the scala ecosystem and provides scaffolding to > work off of. Of course this might run contrary to Guix's goals/needs. > > -- > Katherine > >