Hello, Ricardo Wurmus ezt írta (időpont: 2022. febr. 21., H 12:34): > > Maxim Cournoyer writes: > > > This week, I'd like to try the following to see if we could get past > > this: > > > > 1. Do the experiment again, now a 'rootdelay=20' kernel parameter was > > added to Berlin's config. This may well be enough. > > > > 2. In case mounting the RAID 10 Btrfs root partition still fails with > > missing drive errors, try the following workaround suggested in the > > #btrfs channel, which forces a 'btrfs device scan' on each device of the > > array, with the following mount option: > > > > "device=/dev/sda3,/dev/sdb3,/dev/sdc3,/dev/sdd3,/dev/sde3,/dev/sdf3" > > > > To make it more convenient to experiment with different values for the > > rootdelay or add the device option above, I'm planning to 'guix system > init' > > with the following patch applied: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/40998, > > which allows providing 'rootflags' directly from the kernel command line > > (thus by editing the GRUB config at boot). > > Good work, Maxim! Your persistence is admirable. > > > I'll try to synchronize with Ricardo in the channel and hope they > > weren't too frightened by our last experiment to not shy away from > > trying again :-). > > We can make another attempt this week. Do we need to sync anything > before trying again? Also: would be nice if we could do “guix system > init” without copying everything again and again whenever we try again… > > My toddler has been pretty sick for the past couple of days, and I > haven’t slept enough to be using my brain without hand-holding :) I’ll > try to be around long enough in the eaerly evenings to see to it that > the server reboots fine, but if things go awfully sideways I just cannot > commit to riding the bike to the data centre. Let’s hope it will just > work fine with your changes to the initrd. > Sorry to hear that, hope they get better soon. I there is anything I can help, besides taking the the bike to the dc which is a bit far from here feel free to contact me. Regards, g_bor > > See you later on IRC — I gotta have a nap :) > > -- > Ricardo > >