Hello Julien, Julien Lepiller ezt írta (időpont: 2021. dec. 11., Szo, 2:37): > Hi Guix! > > I think it's time to start organising the Guix Days, traditionally held > around Fosdem. > Super good initiative. > During our guix-europe assembly, we discussed some options and everyone > agreed they wanted a two-day event, online just as Fosdem. I attached a > proposed blog post that we should put on the website as soon as we > agree on the first details. > > I suggest that we have these days right after Fosdem, Monday and > Tuesday. This should give us just a few more days to prepare, as I think > we're starting pretty late already. If you prefer to have them before > fosdem, I can change the blog post of course. > Sounds good to me. > As for how it'll be organised. I propose to do something similar to > what we need in November 2020. I'd love to get some talks from people > outside the usual maintainers and commiters, to have an overview of the > diversity of people and usage around Guix. > > Last year, we asked speakers to prepare a video in advance, and they > would only have an extended Q&A/discussion session. I think this year > we should have the same process, but ask for a short (3-5 minutes) talk > at the start of the session to refresh our minds on the main points of > the presentation before discussions start. > > Of course, one of our co-maintainers should have a session on a > retrospective (what happened last year in Guix) and lead discussions on > the future of Guix. We should reserve plenty of time for this session. > > In addition, I'd like to invite people to submit discussion ideas and > be free of having to make a presentation if they prefer (BoF). I'd also > like to "innovate" and have a session of lightning talks, where people > would only have to give a short, live presentation on any topic related > to Guix (I'm thinking short presentation of a project where you use > guix, of something you're doing with guix, how you found guix, a story > of your first days with guix, ...). We can also replace that with a > presentation round at the beginning of the conference if we don't have > enough lightning talks. > > The Guix Days have never been a "real" conference, and always had a lot > of room for discussions that start on the spot. I'd like to emulate > this by keeping a lot of time out of the talk sessions to discuss > whatever comes up naturally during our discussions. > > Also, we need to secure a BBB instance :) > Should you need any help in organizing, feel free to reach out to me, I will try to do my best. > WDYT? > Thanks for the effort that went into this so far, I am looking forward to participating. Best regards, g_bor