Hi Leo and thank you for your comments. The nomacs package should probably go to gnu/packages/image- > viewers.scm. > Yup. > Use git-fetch instead and don't recurse into submodules. You will > likely encounter some errors, because it doesn't seem as though nomacs > expects you to have its inputs properly packages. *sigh* > Hmm, this one I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind. I think I read in some packaging guidelines that url-fetch was preferred if possible. > Instead of adding the path to the source directory, try `(cd > "ImageLounge")` in a phase after 'unpack. > I'm told that cd is an unbound variable when I try that :/ #:phases (modify-phases %standard-phases (add-after 'unpack 'cd-to-source-dir (lambda _ (call-with-output-string (cd "ImageLounge"))))) Try to sort them alphabetically, also don't put too much effort into > making the tails align. > Check. > One thing that's missing is the plugins that are developed in a > > separate git repository [0] and not included in the source tarballs > > of the main repository [1]. Ideas on how to make them available in > > the `plugins` directory during build time are welcome. > A trick that's often used in Guix is > (inputs > `(("extra-source-package" > ,(origin ...))) > [other inputs]) > You can then (copy-recursively (assoc-ref inputs "extra-source- > package") destination) in a phase between 'unpack and 'configure. > Thank you! And thank you for the rest of the comments too. Happy new year!