Hi everyone! On 30 April 2015 at 00:29, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > > Hello! > > I am pleased to announce that Rohan Prinja has been selected to work on > the DHCP client project described at > and > as > part of Google’s Summer of Code, with me as the mentor. For completeness, I'm attaching the final draft of my proposal - the one you see in the mailing list was really incomplete. > > The eventual goal is to have the DHCP client tightly integrated with > GNU dmd (used in the GuixSD distribution), but the project is certainly > relevant to Schemers in general. > > So please welcome Rohan in Guix and Guile circles. :-) > > To begin with, I think we’ll host the code in its own repo on Savannah, > presumably guix/dhcp.git. > > Rohan, anything to add? Nothing for now. Thank you for the introduction :) > > Thanks, > Ludo’. Also, how do you suggest I get started with the pre-coding period? I was thinking of rereading the ISC dhclient code, this time more carefully, and in parallel, adding some packages to the Guix to get a feel for how porting packages to the archive works. Once I'm done reading dhclient, I could start on designing the CLI. Is this fine or do you think an alternate plan of action would be better? Thanks, Rohan