Hi Mark, Does the updated patch look okay? I'm making some related changes and it would be easier if this patch was integrated. Thanks! -Steve On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 8:31 PM, Steve Sprang wrote: > Sure thing. Here you go. > > -Steve > > On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 7:42 PM, Mark H Weaver wrote: > >> Steve Sprang writes: >> >> > This is a follow up tweak to my previous "progress bar" patch. With a >> > really slow throughput it's possible to get fractional sub-KiB byte >> > counts, so I added some additional number massaging. >> >> Sounds good! Looks good to me except for a few minor nits on this >> auxiliary procedure: >> >> > +(define (number->integer n) >> > + "Given an arbitrary number N, round it and return the exact result." >> > + (inexact->exact (round n))) >> >> How about calling it "nearest-exact-integer"? Also, it makes sense only >> for real numbers, not arbitrary numbers, and the variable name N is >> conventionally used to denote natural numbers, and X for real numbers. >> >> So, how about naming the argument 'x', and using something closer to the >> following docstring: >> >> "Given a real number X, return the nearest exact integer, with ties >> going to the nearest exact even integer." >> >> Otherwise, looks good to me. Can you send an updated patch? >> >> Mark >> > >