Hello Guix :), Sorry for the late followup :/ Hope your summer is going well! I'm sending this email to follow up on the search functionality for packages. With Chris's help I managed to make some changes that make the query for searching packages within the Guix Data Service faster. I don't know if the search is fast enough to be included on the Guix website, but I thought it would be good to share. Search packages page in the test version of the website that Chris deployed: guix-website-test.cbaines.net/packages/search If you'd want to have a look at the code changes: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/data-service.git/commit/?id=ee613cdb305cc1e443135d311aead6c799902b8a this is the commit where the changes start. Looking forward to your feedback! Best regards, Danjela On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 at 21:47, Marius Bakke wrote: > Ludovic Courtès writes: > > > On berlin we’ll have to keep using nginx I guess (there’s too much > > config in there), but perhaps Varnish is an option for the Data Service. > > To be clear, Varnish is not a replacement for nginx (it does not even > speak HTTPS), the typical deployment is nginx -> Varnish -> backend. It > introduces another "hop" though. > > I'm not sure if it's worth the added complexity here, just thought I'd > mention it. It's a programming language for caching/proxying logic. >