Hi Gábor, I have followed the Binary-Installation procedures and installed the hello package to my root. The next step I understand is to add another package from the list in https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/ I tried following this step to install a package from the list i.e. 4ti2 1.6.7 using the below commands: *guix package -i 4ti2 1.6.7* However, I got the error as : *guile: warning: failed to install localehint: Consider installing the `glibc-utf8-locales' or `glibc-locales' package anddefining `GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines: guix package -i glibc-utf8-locales export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.* Is it due my incomplete GUIX installation or are there further steps to follow? Thanks, Lakshmi Prasannakumar Bangalore On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 1:41 PM Gábor Boskovits wrote: > Hello Lakshmi, > Welcome to Guix! > > Björn Höfling ezt írta (időpont: > 2018. okt. 17., Sze 8:45): > >> Hi Lakshmi, >> >> On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 09:04:40 +0530 >> Lakshmi Prasannakumar wrote: >> >> > Hi Björn, >> > I write to you in regards to the project description seen at the >> > Outreachy project list. I would like to join your community and start >> > contributing to the documentation part of it. >> >> Welcome to Guix! I'm adding the public mailing list on CC, so other >> community members can also answer if necessary. Also adding Gabor on >> CC, who is the main mentor. >> >> > Though I have joined >> > the IRC channel for GNU GUIX, I'm continually receiving the error >> > message as below on sending messages: >> > == Cannot send to nick/channel >> >> There was recently a spam attack on the freenode IRC network. Since >> then you need to register your nick name before it is possible to join >> the #guix channel. If you haven't done that yet, here are the >> instructions: >> >> https://freenode.net/kb/answer/registration >> >> You can also join the mailing list and write there. >> >> > My understanding regarding the project contribution is to make >> > video tutorials on how to install and use GNU GUIX. >> > Could you kindly direct me with some initial task so that I can start >> > working on it and get familiar with the environment? >> >> Yes, that's right, video documentation is the job. One requirement for >> Outreachy is to make a first, formal contribution to the project. For >> Guix that means you could add a new package. >> >> But the very first step is to install Guix and get used to it. You can >> install Guix either on top of another Linux-Distribution or standalone, >> in a virtual mashine or on real hardware. On top of an existing distro >> is probably the easiest step. >> >> The docs for installation should be linked from the Outreachy Project >> site, I post it also here: >> >> >> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html#Binary-Installation > > > Yes, installation would be the first step. > > >> >> If you have any questions feel free to ask (preferably on the mailing >> list, or if it works for you, on IRC). >> >> Yours, >> >> Björn >> > > Best regards, > g_bor > >>