Sorry, I meant to ask really a simple question because I just wanted to understand LinuxLibre. πŸ˜„ There is an explanation here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux-libre But I was intrigued, that it felt like a situation where a vegetarian would order a pizza from a restaurant that doesn't offer a vegetarian option so he has to painstakingly remove meat from it, while it would have been better if the cook could make it without the meat in the first place πŸ˜„ Is above a fair analogy for the Linux Kernel? Cheers, Yasu > On Oct 6, 2020, at 23:48, Leo Famulari wrote: > > ο»ΏOn Tue, Oct 06, 2020 at 06:12:15AM +0900, Yasuaki Kudo wrote: >> Just out of curiosity, is it the case if only Linux Kernel team itself >> separated the controversial (with GNU folks, at least πŸ˜„) aspect of >> Linux as some build option, we don't have to maintain this >> "LinuxLibre" in the first place? > > If you are asking if linux-libre is slowing down the process of updating > the kernel for Guix users, the answer is that it's not a significant > delay.