Hi Ricardo, No, it wasn't enough. (I could be wrong - I am still learning Guix. 😅) But I spent a lot of time picking my hair out, trying to figure out why guix edit hello would not find the scm file under my locally checked out guix repository. When I followed the instructions on the link, the "bulletproof" way, my problem immediately went away. And I thought it was probably fixed by the -C option (creating a container) 😄 -Yasu > On Dec 5, 2020, at 01:04, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > >  > Hi Yasu, > >> I rely on the -C option below to compile ./pre-inst-env . > […] >> I hope this is a bug that can be fixed. Otherwise, it looks like I >> won't be able to compile pre-inst-env? > > Is “guix environment --pure” not enough? > > -- > Ricardo