Even when translating to French, I sometimes feel the need to change word order, but I end up finding a slightly unnatural way to preserve the order of arguments. I don't have an example at hand though. I don't know enough about guile to know how best to implement that (or if that exists already). Le 15 décembre 2020 05:53:56 GMT-05:00, Zhu Zihao a écrit : > >Hi, Guix users! > >Currently I'm putting my energy into Guix l10n(zh_CN). However, there's >a serious flaw in current implementation of l10n. > >AFAFIK, Guix use format in (ice-9 format) to format the the template >string return by `G_`. The template string of (ice-9 format) looks >similar to the format template defined in ANSI CL, which only supports >format arguments **one by one**. > >In CJK languages, word order usually different from English. > >For example. consider message > > "could not find bootstrap binary '~a' for system '~a'" > >We mark first ~a as %1 and mark second as %2. It should be translated >into Chinese like this > > "无法找到用于引导 %2 系统的二进制文件 %1" > >But currently it looks to be impossible because we can't refer >to positional argument in format template. > >My suggestions is we can create a new format function supports refer to >positional argument like > > (pos-format "~3 ~2 ~1" "foo" "bar" "baz") ;; => "baz bar foo" > >And replace `format` in l10n with `pos-format` step by step. Maybe we >can create a function to combine `G_` and `format` so we can change its >implement detail without breaking existing code. > >Please leave your comment on my opinion, thanks :) > > >-- >Retrieve my PGP public key: > > gpg --recv-keys D47A9C8B2AE3905B563D9135BE42B352A9F6821F > >Zihao