On Sat, 2021-03-27 at 20:01 -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote: > [...] > Maxime wrote: > > What does ‘guix refresh --list-dependent imagemagick@6.9.11-48’ > > output now? > When I last checked, it reported on the order of 2400 dependent package > rebuilds. I should have written imagemagick@6.9.12-4 here. > > If it there are many dependent packages, could some > > of them use imagemagick/stable, dblatex/stable or gtk-doc/stable > > as well? > > Yes, that's exactly the purpose of this patch set. Although at present, > the only user of 'imagemagick/stable' is 'dblatex/stable', and the only > user of 'dblatex/stable' is 'gtk-doc/stable'. You missed a few packages: in gnu/packages/mate.scm: search for "gtk-doc". Also, the (gnu packages imagemagick) import seems unused. Looking at the package graph, many packages depend on imagemagick through python-sphinx, so it may be worthwile to define a python-sphinx/stable and use it instead of python-sphinx in the native-inputs. I suggest guix graph --type=reverse-package imagemagick@6.9.12-4 | dot -Tpdf > a.pdf to find out if there are more uses for imagemagick/stable. Greetings, Maxime.