Am 31.03.22 um 21:14 schrieb Maxime Devos: >> There are a few counter-proposals.  One suggestion that has been >> raised, but not yet implemented, would be to make it so that build >> results can actually be reused.  This is the most promising >> conceptually, but from what I can gather from those working on it might >> not be that easy to pull off. > Yes, that would be nice. AFAIK Effraim and me tried to make cargo pick up artifacts build in another package. I gave somewhen: cargo did not pick up the artifacts, due to much „magic“ which I was unable to understand and work around. One of the topics here are „features“ (like compile-time options), timestamps, exact absolute pathname, etc. All of this seems to go into some hash, which will determine which files will be rebuild. If anybody is interested, I could share the code of my last try. (Maybe the road to go would be to make cargo less strict here. But this requires understanding rust code and cargo.) -- Regards Hartmut Goebel | Hartmut Goebel |h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com | |www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |