I tried to package .NET Core a while ago but didn't produce anything useful. Their GNU/Linux story was rapidly changing at the time. .NET Core was a pain to package partly because it bootstraps from a binary version of .NET Core similar to Rust. Although it may be possible to bootstrap via Mono I didn't try it and it's definitely not an upstream supported route ;). Personally I ended up with just sticking to Mono for my C# needs as I found .NET Core didn't integrate as nicely into the GNU/Linux ecosystem. That being said it would certainly be nice to have packages for it in Guix. On October 24, 2018 10:03:29 PM GMT+09:00, ludo@gnu.org wrote: >Hello! > >Brett Gilio skribis: > >> Two questions here. >> >> 1) Has anybody already started taking to try and upgrade Mono to >latest? >> If not, I will give it a go. >> >> 2) Have we started any packaging on .NET Core, would like to know to >> prevent redundancy in work. > >AFAIK nobody worked in this area yet, so you’ll probably have the >privilege to be a pioneer! :-) > >Mono was added by janneke (Cc’d), who might have something to add? > >Ludo’.