Marius Bakke schreef op di 28-06-2022 om 23:19 [+0200]: > I discovered a potential freedom issue with the Poppler test suite. > Specifically it includes a file with the CC BY-NC-ND (non-commercial) > license: Given that it what (some tests) are based on, this might count as functional data and hence not covered by the ‘non-functional data’ exception of the FSDG. OTOH, the FSDG isn't mentioned anywhere in the manual, but ‘software in Guix is free’ is, so maybe the FSDG doesn't apply. Though in past discussions, the conclusion was that the FSDG applies to Guix, so maybe the exceptions to the freeness policy just are in lack of documentation. (No point in rehashing old rationale, but I'd like to point out this policy isn't actually documented anywhere in Guix.) Only one way to know sure what the writers of that page meant I think -- contact the FSF? > However, we failed to reach a consensus on #guix[0]. What do others > around here think? Should we play it safe and disable Poppler tests? > Raise the issue with FSF? Greetings, Maxime.