On 05-08-2022 05:38, Philip McGrath wrote: > On Sun, Jul 24, 2022, at 11:17 PM, Maxime Devos wrote: >> * In principle, you can apply a patch from a phase. However, this causes the result of "guix build --source" to not correspond to the actual source code anymore (i.e., it doesn't act as corresponding source anymore), so consider this a last resort for situations such as avoiding causing a world-rebuild for a patch fixing a target-specific bug by making the patching conditional upon target-foo?. If you apply a patch from a phase, make sure that the patch appears in the inputs or native-inputs, such that "guix build --source=all" will include the patch. > Should we have an option for "guix build --source=all" to also include the Guix "scripts used to control compilation and installation"? What do you mean with "Guix scripts" here? I don't think Guix has a notion of 'scripts' (except stuff like 'wrap-script', but that doesn't seem relevant here). Do you mean the phases code? Greetings, Maxime.