Ludovic Courtès writes: > Out of curiosity, what package was this? I encountered it first in jison, a javascript parser generator. > Since this is a rebuild-the-world change, I applied to to a new > ‘core-updates’ branch (and adjusted the commit log.) Yes, I got bitten by that, trying to test it. I had an interesting learning experience getting to know guix and getting this to work and reverted to using (#phases (replace 'patch-source-shebangs ;;patch-source-shebangs-no-symlinks (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys) (for-each patch-shebang (remove (lambda (file) (or (not (file-exists? file)) ;dangling symlink ;;(file-is-symlink? file) (and (file-exists? file) (eq? 'symlink (stat:type (lstat file)))) (file-is-directory? file))) (find-files "."))))) in the package itself. Rebuilding the world is no fun when you want to get things done. When I actually got to test it, it appears that something like the above is still necessary. It seems that the previous patch merely avoids visiting any symlinked directories, while this version actually looks at the script to be patched. Greetings, Jan