Marius Bakke writes: > Ben Woodcroft writes: > >>> >>>> Also, I notice that pysam bundles htslib, bcftools and samtools C code. >>>> Hopefully it should be straightforward enough to remove htslib as there >>>> are install instructions, I'm not sure about the other two. This >>>> shouldn't block the patch here, but would you mind taking a look? >>>> http://pysam.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html#installation >>> I had a go at this, and also enabled tests since I was reading the build >>> system anyway. Samtools and bcftools does not seem possible to un-bundle >>> at this time, but htslib was straightforward. >> OK. I don't think it needs to be propagated though, right? Also, would >> you mind separating the change to modify-phases syntax and unbundling of >> htslib into two patches please? Other than that this whole series LGTM. > > Modify-phases is now a separate patch. Htslib is propagated because it > is included by the installed samtools and bcftools headers; at least one > of pysams dependencies failed to build when it was a regular input. > > I added some comments and other cosmetic changes. Updated patch below. Oops, found a spelling error in the previous patch. Fixed.