tumashu writes: > Ok, thanks for the information! > If you just want to watch a video, there are plenty of free software out there for downloading videos like youtube-dl and you-get . In particular, you-get supports a lot of Chinese video-sharing sites like bilibili and acfun. If you want, I can send a patch to add you-get to guix. > At 2017-01-13 16:33:35, "Chris Marusich" wrote: >>tumashu writes: >> >>> can we package a installer-helper, like: >>> https://packages.debian.org/stretch/flashplugin-nonfree >> >>Guix (and GuixSD) adheres to the Free System Distribution Guidelines >>[1], which states: >> >>"A free system distribution must not steer users towards obtaining any >>nonfree information for practical use, or encourage them to do so. The >>system should have no repositories for nonfree software and no specific >>recipes for installation of particular nonfree programs." >> >>As I understand it, the purpose of that installer-helper is solely to >>aid in the installation of Adobe Flash Player, which is not free >>software. It has no other use. Therefore, we will not package it. >> >>[1] https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html >> >>On the other hand, GNU Gnash IS free software, so I'm sure a patch to >>add it would be welcome! >> >>-- >>Chris