raingloom writes: > Hey all! > > So, I recently gave a go to packaging EDK2 on my channel, and found out > that it requires several submodules, including OpenSSL, which take up > quite a bit of space and take way longer to download than necessary. > > Since I couldn't find a way to shallow-init the submodules, I added > them as separate origins and copied / symlinked them after the unpack > phase. That sounds like a decent workaround. Even better to symlink (package-source openssl) to use the OpenSSL sources from Guix. The ideal solution would of course be to provide OpenSSL as a regular input and make the build system use it, but that's not always feasible.