Hi, Ludovic Courtès writes: > Brendan Tildesley skribis: > >> Languages listed in the language selection are sometimes in English, >> Rarely in the native language. > > We take language names and their translations from the ‘iso-codes’ > package, specifically the “iso_639-3” message catalog. Quoth > (gnu installer newt locale): > > (lambda (language) > (let ((english (language-code->language-name iso639-languages > language))) > (setenv "LANGUAGE" language) > (let ((native (gettext english "iso_639-3"))) > (unsetenv "LANGUAGE") > native))) Yesterday I took a look at this issue and the problem was that the installed locale during these calls to gettext was the default one: C. I've attached a patch that fixes this and now the installer shows language names in the language itself. Nonetheless, it didn't work when I removed the call from installer to installer-real, as the there comment says, and set the locale directly in the line added by the patch. Therefore I need to take a deeper look into libc code to really understand what's happening there, and check if it is possible to remove that extra call in the future, or find a satisfactory explanation at least. Happy hacking! Miguel