Hi! zimoun skribis: > On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 at 11:57, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > >> Despite being a first experience, the live event went very smoothly (for >> me at least, with ungoogled-chromium), it was great to see faces during >> the break :-), and the discussions were all exciting for me. I agree >> it’d be great to have a blog post summarizing the event while it’s >> fresh, even if it’s concise because we were all busy listening and >> chatting instead of taking notes. > > The blog post is coming… Writing depends on the materials at hand; for > now nothing. Sorry for the delay (don’t hesitate to ping me on IRC when that happens :-)). > Could you send your Org file to guix-days? Because I only noted the > items that interested me. Well, I volunteer to add words because it is > worth, IMHO. Nothing is written on stone but from my point of view, it > is good to specify where Guix is eager to go more or less and especially > helpful for the future when looking back. :-) Attached are my (and Maxim’s) Guix Days notes for the “road map” session, FWIW. I agree a blog post with a recap would be/have been nice. > BTW, initially the idea was to publish in this very blog post the links > of the talks on audio-video.gnu.org. But, I am confused how to upload > them and the GNU folks behind have not answered to my email. Anyway, it > is not a blocking and will be added later. Do you know exactly where it’s blocking? Did you try filing a “support request” under ? Alternatively, we could keep videos on our infrastructure, but we’ll have to make sure to set up backups and mirrors. Chris Baines is looking into that for the web site so that could be part of that effort. If someone’s willing to help on setting up a web site backup, let’s talk! > When preparing, we discussed per-topic sub-room but the implementation > was vague. Now, it is clearer, so definitively for the next one. :-) > > About not recording, it was a conscientious choice. We discussed it and > we agreed that not-recording seems more in the usual “unconference” Guix > style; especially discussions are freer when the words are not saved for > eternity and so take the floor should be less impressive. Alright, makes sense to me; it’s a tradeoff and being able to have informal off-the-record discussions is nice. Another option would be to have a mixture of off-the-record discussions (like the real-life “hallway track”, coffee breaks, etc.) and recorded Q&A/panel discussions. Thanks, Ludo’.