* Initiating Guix System on Foriegn Distro
@ 2021-04-07  5:18 Katarina Rostova
From: Katarina Rostova @ 2021-04-07  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,

I was wondering if I can do `guix system init` with guix installed on top off a foreign distro?

Katarina.

* Re: Initiating Guix System on Foriegn Distro
@ 2021-04-07 16:19 ` Joshua Branson
From: Joshua Branson @ 2021-04-07 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katarina Rostova; +Cc: guix-devel

Katarina Rostova <rostovakatarina@protonmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if I can do `guix system init` with guix installed on top off a foreign distro?
>
> Katarina.

Hey Katarina!  You've got a great first name!

Actually I think you can do 'guix system reconfigure config.scm' on top
of a foreign distro.  That's how some people initially guix system-ized
digital ocean droplets.  :)

You might want to double check on #guix in irc if that's correct
though...I sometimes make mistakes.  :)

Also, any help questions are best sent to help-guix@gnu.org.

Welcome to the guix family!

Joshua