Guillaume Le Vaillant writes: > I thought about having the sources, SBCL compiled files and ECL compiled > files respectively in the 'out', 'sbcl' and 'ecl' packages outputs; > however I thought there could be issues in some cases. > > For example, if a profile contained cl-xyz and cl-xyz:sbcl, and if the > user tried to load this xyz system in ECL, then I think ECL would try > to compile the system and write the compiled files to cl-xyz:sbcl and > fail because it is read-only. That's because cl-xyz:sbcl contains the > ASDF configuration indicating "the compiled files for cl-xyz are in > cl-xyz:sbcl", and ECL is going to read that configuration. > > It might be possible to have smarter ASDF configuration files behaving > differently depending on the lisp implementation running, but I have not > investigated this for the moment. There is probably a way to tell where to load the libraries from, and where to compile them. By default, each compiler compiles to ~/.cache/common-lisp/$compiler_name-$compiler_version. This is what ECL should do here. The ASDF configuration should be so that it does not change this behaviour. If you can't figure it out I can give it a shot. Otherwise let's ask the ASDF people. Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/