Hullo Greg, Greg Hogan 写道: > If there is a better way to setup / configure / execute offline > builds > please let me know! ...yes :-) > I am attempting an offline build without success. I have a Guix > 1.2.0 node > with internet access on which I download sources with transitive > dependencies: > $ guix build --sources=transitive tzdata > ~/transfer OK. > I then copy the files as root to a Guix 1.2.0 node without > internet access > (only local network access): > # cat /home//transfer | xargs -n 1 -I{} scp -p {} > :{} Now you've basically reinvented ‘guix copy --to=’, but in a way that won't update the store database in /var/guix/db. I'm afraid that won't work. Guix won't ‘see’ the files you copy to the remote store and will consider them G to be C'd next time you run ‘guix gc’. Or in this case: > Guix starts downloading and the transferred file is gone! Same thing. > I'm lost as to > why a new download attempt is made as the file data and > timestamps match > the original server. If the file isn't registered in the database, the store item is never considered valid. Guix doesn't (yet) care about the data/timestamps at this point. If there's a reason you can't/won't use ‘guix copy’, you might work around that by copying each file in ~/transfer to, say, :/tmp/staging (instead of :/gnu/store), then running ‘guix download /tmp/staging/...’ on the remote host. Kind regards, T G-R