Vladilen, I'm writing mainly to save you some time testing ‘guix system init --localstatedir’. That is a ./configure option used when building Guix from source. I don't think any option will help you here. Vladilen Kozin 写道: > Except, when you try to do the manual install off the same USB > ... twice. You're likely the first person to try this! I *think* it implies that /var/guix/db is low-key bogus once cow-store is stopped, but I didn't test that assertion. It should be reverted together with /gnu/store. IMO what you want should be possible. That it's not is a bug, albeit a low-priority one. > My best guess from what I've read in the manual is this. Store > is not > the only place where derivations appear. /var/guix/db stores > metadata > about said derivations. So the first time you do `herd start > cow-store > /mnt` trick it'll create the store there but will populate the > db on > that USB drive. Next time you try to install from that same USB > on a > different machine it'll have its db reference derivations that > are no > longer available. I worked around this by stupidly `mv > /var/guix/db > /var/guix/db.old` and `guix system init` went without trouble. This is a relatively simple fix. Thanks for testing it. Would you be able and willing to modify cow-store to handle /var/guix/db as well? Kind regards, T G-R