Ludovic Courtès writes: > I wonder if it’s due to recent changes since I last looked, but I’m a > bit confused by the numbers in this example: > > https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/58186 > > The numbers before/after patches don’t match and the lint warnings (nice > addition!) appear to unrelated to the patch at hand. > > Any idea what’s going on? I've had an initial look. One important clue is that the basis of the comparison [1] differs between data.qa.guix.gnu.org and data.guix.gnu.org [2]. The package number differs for example. 1: https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/revision/e6777cfa5eb5e9c36eaf7810b42cac0fbcaa367c 2: https://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/e6777cfa5eb5e9c36eaf7810b42cac0fbcaa367c That shouldn't happen, one revision of Guix should have the same number of packages regardless of what server looked at it. This being wrong explains the bad data on qa.guix.gnu.org, since the comparison being done by data.qa.guix.gnu.org is based on bad data. This reminds me of [3] where data.guix.gnu.org processed a revision and somehow got things wrong. 3: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-09/msg00192.html I'll try investigating this further when I have more time, there should be locking in place so that even when multiple jobs are being processed at the same time, only one job at a time is able to call latest-channel-instances, so I don't currently have a theory as to how this goes wrong. I think I added more logging off the back of the previous issue, so maybe I'll be able to get further this time. Thanks, Chris