Mark: On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 23:06:17 -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote: > I'm sorry to report that GNU IceCat 38 can no longer be safely used, due > to critical security flaws that are believed to allow remote code > execution. I was unable to backport upstream fixes from 45.3 to 38. > > Until IceCat 45.3 is available, I recommend that you use Epiphany. Could you elaborate? I assume you're referencing this: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefox-esr/#firefoxesr45.2 Are you going to be publishing an announcement about this? Sorry if I missed it; gnu.org/s/icecat doesn't mention anything. -- Mike Gerwitz Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer https://mikegerwitz.com | GPG Key ID: 0x8EE30EAB